Support new content
Additional drives on OVHDate: February 9th, 2017
Partition and mount additional drive to an OVH public cloud vm server bash script.
We will be using an Ubuntu 16.04 OS Image and will have already installed "wget" with the following command:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install wget
The third character of the drive name will alpha increment. For example, the first additional drive will be called "vdb", the second "vdc", the third "vdd" and so on.
- Create an additional drive from the ovh control panel
- Attach the drive to a public cloud server
- Connect via SSH into the server
- Download the bash script from this repository to the public cloud server
- Make the bash script executable
cd / sudo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/entonbiba/ovh-public-cloud-additional-drive-bash-script/master/ovh_adpc.sh chmod +x ovh_adpc.sh
- Run the script
sudo bash ovh_adpc.sh
You should now be able to use the additional drive from the mounted directory "/mnt/disk"
Links: OVH Public CloudOVH Docs
See the Pen Additional drives on OVH by Enton Biba (@entonbiba) on CodePen.